Hometown: Portland, Oregon
Dream Sports Experience: Attend the Masters
Favorite Winter Pastime: Skiing. I have been skiing since I was five years old and I'm now teaching my five year old daughter to ski
Item at the top of my Bucket List: Spend a week at a villa in Italy with my wife and friends
Favorite/best thing about Boise: The lifestyle. I love being able to play golf, run and mountain bike almost all
Three Words to Describe Yourself: Driven, Energetic, Team Player
Fun Fact (something my coworkers probably don't know about me): I love to cook. I cook most of the meals for my family, and occasionally go a little overboard when I discover a new cookbook. I'm currently on Anthony Bourdain's Appetites.
Would trade lives for one day with: Rory McIlroy
I Exercise Because: To clear my head, to burn calories, to keep my blood pressure down, to compete, to challenge myself, but primarily to be active and healthy so I can chase my three kids around for as long as possible
I Love Working for St. Luke’s because: I love the opportunity to work with inspiring, smart people that care deeply about making our community a healthier place for everyone
Hometown: Colfax, Washington
Dream Sports Experience: Playing tennis at Wimbledon
Favorite Winter Pastime: Yoga, reading books and sitting by the fire with my hubby
Favorite Workout Song: None! In tennis and golf the music and rhythm is in my head
Best Place to be Active: Anywhere with fun people, great activity and a cold beer after
Favorite Food/Craving: Exotic cheeses, smooth wines, cilantro, butter, cream and black licorice
Three Words to Describe Yourself: Fun, gracious, easy-going
Would Trade Lives for One Day with: No one! I have a great life!
Fun Fact (something my coworkers probably don't know about me): I played Big Bird for four years in high school because I was the only one who fit in the costume.
I Love Working for St. Luke’s because: It is the best place to work. The people are the best, the mission is the best, and people truly believe in what they are doing.
Race & Events Director
Hometown: Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
Dream Sports Experience: To play golf at St. Andrews
Favorite Winter Pastime: Cheering on the Green Bay Packers!!
I Would Rock a Pair of Shoes by: Jimmy Choo…a girl can dream
Best Place to be Active: The Boise Foothills
Favorite (Best) Thing About Boise: There is always something fun to do or see
Weirdest Quirk: I have to have my toe nails painted…no naked toes!
Three Words to Describe Yourself: Sleepy New Mom
I am Active because: It keeps me sane and I love food!
I Love Working for St. Luke’s because: I get to help create a healthier community for the future.
Program & Events Coordinator
Hometown: Danville, California
Dream Sports Experience: Attend the summer Olympics
Favorite Winter Pastime: Snowboarding
Best Place to be Active: Anywhere with a nice view. I like exploring new places
Favorite Post Workout Snack: Apple slices with Almond butter
Item at the top of my bucket list: Backpacking through New Zealand
Three Words to Describe Yourself: Happy, Positive and Spontaneous
A Personal Passion: Exploring new places and photographing my travels
I am Active because: I value a healthy mind and body…also because I really like food
I Love working for St. Luke’s because: Everyone is so selfless and they genuinely care about the well-being of all members of the community
Olympian & Chief Inspirational Officer
- GET FIT PICK: After more than 4 decades of being a runner, 22 years at a world class level, I still LOVE to run and do so daily when possible. I prefer to run alone and use the time to “meditate” about all things in life.
- Favorite Indulgence: Attending LIVE sporting events with my husband. Just nailed the Kentucky Derby.
- Favorite vacation spot: 17 years going to Bar Harbor, Maine, the only spot in USA that reminds of the island in my native New Zealand where my grandmother lived.
- Addictive trait: Voracious reader. Three newspapers a day, real thing, not online! Favorite book genre is crime novels.
- Cats or Dogs: Have had 7 “all black” cats in my life. All spoiled rotten. Would love to have dogs but travel too much. Am going to become a “dog walker” at the Humane Society when I retire.
- Shouldn’t have discovered: Barbeque!
- Hobby: Planting my flower pots every spring and then having the challenge of keeping them going through very hot summers.
- My car: 17 year old stick shift Saturn, no power steering, wind-down windows with only 55,000 miles. It may out last me! Spend too many miles in the air!
- Getting older: I am extremely fortunate to have lived a life of amazing experiences to the point if I was diagnosed with a terminal illness I do not have a “bucket list.” I would happily spend my days in my yard with my husband, cat and plenty of reading material.
- Unique distinction: International honors: Am in the Running USA Hall of Champions, New Zealand Sports Hall of Fame and have an MBE (Member of the British Empire) from Queen Elizabeth II of England for my contribution to sport worldwide.
- Life’s mantra: Attitude is everything! Patience and perseverance can take you far. Never quit!